Tom Ritchey rides about 10,000 miles (16,000 km) per year, and most of that is off-road. Combine that with his more than 40 years of designing and building bicycles, and it’s no wonder the Outback has become an icon in the gritty world of gravel and adventure bikes.
Updated for 2020, the new Outback now sports several practical and adaptable features that offer riders the ability to chase epic ride experiences beyond the end of the road and the end of the day. Rack and fender mounts help to keep things dry and expand the load-carrying capacity for longer bikepacking adventures, while clearance for 700c x 48mm or 650b x 2.0in tires opens up a whole new world of possibilities. The frame accepts flat-mount disc calipers, and the new all-carbon fiber Ritchey Adventure Fork with multi-purpose mounts on the legs gives you more places to stow the supplies you gather at the last cafe.
Painstakingly TIG-welded with proprietary triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing, the Outback frame delivers the legendary Ritchey ride quality that’s resilient over the harshest terrain and delightfully responsive when you want to open it up.
Bikepacking, road, off-road, trail, expedition, you name it…the new Ritchey Outback is designed do it all.
- Includes new Ritchey Adventure Fork with multipurpose mounts
- Accepts 700c x 48mm or 650b x 2.0in tires
- Features rack and fender mounts
- Material: heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic steel tubing - TIG welded
- Rack and fender mounts
- Ultra-light forged and machined straight 1-1/8" headtube
- WCS headset included (upper IS42/28.6 - 16mm stack height | lower IS42/30)
- 142mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Replaceable stainless-steel derailleur hanger
- 27.2mm seat tube with integrated seat collar (max torque setting: 6Nm)
- Front derailleur clamp size: 28.6mm (max torque setting: 2.5Nm) - not included
- Bottom bracket: 68mm - English threaded
- Can accommodate 1X or 2X chainrings
- Crankset min/max ring size - single: 36 to 46t / double: 46/30t to 50/34t
- External cable routing
- Bottle mounts: 2
- New Ritchey Carbon Adventure Fork with multi-purpose, rack and fender mounts
- 1-1/8" straight steerer with integrated 45-degree crown race
- 100mm spacing (12mm alloy thru-axle included)
- Steerer length: 300mm
- Axle-crown: 393mm
- Rake/Offset: 50mm
- Fork max payload: 3kg per side
- Wheel and tire compatibility: 700 x 48mm or 650 x 2.0in (depending on tire/rim manufacturer)
- Frame max spacing: 58mm
- Fork max spacing: 60mm
- Flat-mount brakes front and rear: 140mm (160mm max - adaptors available separately)
- Frame flat-mount bracket height: 10mm
- Sizes: XS / S / M / L / XL
- Frame weight: 2,175g (size L - w/o thru-axle)
- Fork weight: 445g (with uncut steerer / not including axle)
- Color: Guac y Crema
Warning: Please follow the recommended maximum torque specified by accessory manufacturers, though Ritchey recommends not exceeding 3Nm. To ensure safety and trouble-free usage, please use the original Ritchey fork/frame hardware when no aftermarket accessories are mounted to the fork/frame.